Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A Parent's Worst Nightmare

   So if you know me, then you know my job. What it is I do every day that I clock in. Sometimes you hit the button to take the next call, and you have no idea what is about to be said to you. You have this faceless person either screaming at you because that's there only way to deal with stress, or a very calm person, or the worst the parent finding their child dead. It doesn't matter if self inflicted or by the hands of someone else or natural causes. To be the one listening to that parent describe to you what they see, to hear the emotions that they are feeling. It leaves this image, one that is hard to escape. But you take the information, you pass it on and its done right?  Not always, maybe till the phone rings again. Maybe it stays, you walk in the door of your home and you see your kids and family. Happy to be home, glad to see your kids. Then you think what did that poor person see when they opened their door. The description is nothing any parent should see. I remember what was said, there is blood everywhere, he so cold, he is dead. He was 15. What could have taken him to the point he got to. So I sit here in the quietness of my house. Thank you God for keeping me my kids here today. Thank you for letting me come home to my kids greeting me. I am not sure the plan for having me here what I hear, but I am sure your reasons are good God. Love always, Laugh always, because tomorrow is not promised to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment